You've bought the vehicle of your dreams, but that's only half the fun! Now, it's time to make it all your own with functional and rad mods that reflect your lifestyle and elevate adventures. Hold tight! Before diving in, check out these 6 must-know tips for customizing your vehicle.
1. Have a Plan
Save time and money and get your dream look the first time by having a plan. Take the time to determine all the customizations you want (even if you can't afford them all at once), from the exterior and interior to performance. Doing so allows you to ensure all mods mesh well together and provide a cohesive look. Making plans will enable you to make revisions before wasting time and money. Without a plan, chances are you will end up redoing one or more mods because it doesn't end up working with the overall vision.
2. What Look Are You Going For?
What overall look are you going for? Will you spend most of your free time on off-road adventures or cruising the streets in style? Deciding on the general theme will instantly set you on the right path. For example, if you want to be ready for off-roading, you know to focus on ground clearance, aggressive tires, lighting, etc.
3. Pick a Color Scheme
The color scheme will make or break the overall look of your truck or Jeep. Choose colors that do not match, and your ride will turn heads for all the wrong reasons. Instead, choose a killer color scheme to ensure the interior and exterior flow cohesively, and the vehicle pops.
4. Explore Performance Mods
At the end of the day, aesthetics don't matter if your truck or Jeep's performance is subpar. What do you need out of your vehicle? Upgrading your Jeep's engine to a HEMI will give you the power you need. How about a supercharger to increase power and optimize flow, temperature, and sound? On the other hand, suspension and lift kits extend ground clearance, giving you the ability to explore further and haul more.
5. Choose Exterior Customizations
Exterior mods are both functional and look rad. There are so many to choose from, including:
- Wheels and tires - Get the look you want and the capabilities you need
- Custom lighting - Ensure you can light up the night and be the life of the party
- Winches - Get yourself out of any sticky situation
- Bedliners - Never worry about scratching the bed of your truck, no matter what you haul
The options are endless, and you are sure to find everything you need to take your vehicle to the next level.
6. Select Interior Customizations
Finally, choose interior mods that make your ride comfortable and fun. Interior customization options include:
- Custom heated and ventilated seats - Ride in optimal comfort in extreme temperatures
- Custom floor mats - Protect the interior of your vehicle from dirt, mud, snow, and sand
- Back-up cameras - Practice ultimate safety by having a clear view of what's behind you
- Entertainment system - Installing a top-of-the-line Alpine stereo system allows you to easily play your favorite tunes and navigate to new destinations. Combine that with a multi-colored sound bar, and you are sure to be the life of the party.
All of Your Options in One Place
Carolina Custom has every option you can think of, and even some you didn't know existed. Use the Build Your Custom Rig simulator to explore your options from the comfort of your home. Our dedicated team is here to help you with all of your customization needs, no matter how big or small. Carolina Custom has the largest customization shop on the East coast. We invite you to come see for yourself or contact us to get started on your dream vehicle.